Study Constantly Discover and E-book Dream Talking Engagements That Pay
What You’re Price
You’ve a message you imagine in.
You’ve the arrogance to ship it from stage.
And with Booked & Paid to Converse, you’ll lastly have the system you’ll want to persistently uncover worthwhile alternatives to share that message, even when…
You wrestle with how a lot to cost, the place to search out gigs, and who to contact You’ve by no means (or hardly ever) been paid to talk You don’t have a big following, present platform, or years of expertise
Our college students have been booked and paid to talk by organizations like…
When you’ve ever thought these four little phrases, you already know precisely the way it feels to be an aspiring speaker…
You may not be happy with it.
You might need resisted pondering it.
You would possibly even really feel just a little scared admitting that it’s crossed your thoughts.
I’m speaking about all of the occasions whenever you’ve sat in an viewers, listened to a speaker on stage, and thought…
“That ought to be me.”
(Different acceptable ideas embrace,
“I might try this,” and “Is that this man for actual?” )
Pay attention, when you’ve gotten a message you’re obsessed with, these sorts of ideas don’t come from ego or pleasure. They arrive from the frustration of KNOWING you’ve gotten a message folks want to listen to, however NOT figuring out precisely methods to get it in entrance of extra folks.
And each time you begin gearing your self as much as lastly get severe about pursuing extra (or your first) paid talking engagements, some mixture of the next occurs:
Your abdomen turns on the considered having to promote your self
You’re not even certain methods to contact the mythic “choice makers” who ebook audio system within the first place
Whenever you lastly do fireplace off a couple of scattered emails to occasion organizers you hear nothing however crickets or the occasional “no thanks”
Your day job—the one that truly pays the payments proper now—says, “Hey, bear in mind me?”
Between placing collectively a demo video and a midway first rate web site, the tech aspect of issues feels overwhelming
At present, I’m going to point out you precisely what that plan is, and the way hundreds of audio system throughout each business are utilizing it to construct thriving careers that permit them to…
Receives a commission to share a message they’re obsessed with all around the world
Transition from 9-to-5 work to a profession that offers them the liberty and adaptability they crave
Complement their present enterprise with paid talking engagements (that additionally feed them a firehose of splendid shoppers and prospects)
Hello, I’m Grant Baldwin, founding father of The Speaker Lab.
Since I began my talking profession, I’ve earned over $2 million from 500+ paid engagements all around the world. I’ve accomplished every little thing from closed-door workshops to keynotes in entrance of 13,000 folks.
I point out these numbers for 2 causes:
You need to know that I’ve truly practiced what I preach (and that I’m not simply one other on-line “guru”)
Since beginning The Speaker Lab, I’ve seen again and again how attainable these sorts of career-altering numbers are for folks in nearly each business conceivable—regardless that I by no means would have thought they had been doable for somebody like me.
When you’ve already gotten a couple of free (or perhaps even paid) talking engagements underneath your belt, you’ve in all probability heard the identical sorts of feedback I’d get from folks at that time:
“You’ve obtained a present for this kind of factor!”
“You actually ought to be a speaker.”
“I actually wanted to listen to that—thanks.”
The three-Step Blueprint for Touchdown Your First (or Subsequent) Paid Talking Engagement
No two talking journeys are ever fairly the identical, however whenever you zoom out and have a look at profitable audio system from a excessive stage, you’ll see that they persistently nailed these three steps.
Pinpoint the correct drawback
you possibly can resolve.
The #1 mistake I see holding most audio system again is failing to determine—and clearly talk—the true drawback they’ll resolve.
Whether or not you’re nonetheless attempting to determine precisely what you wish to talk about otherwise you’re an skilled speaker who’s been doing it for years, getting this proper could make the distinction between talking a couple of occasions per yr and several other occasions per 30 days.
So, how do you do it?
Repeat after me: Audio system who resolve issues will all the time ebook extra gigs than audio system who merely talk about a subject.
The excellent news? When you’re talking otherwise you wish to communicate, there’s a 99% likelihood there are a number of issues connected to the subject/material you wish to talk about.
For instance, in case you talk about social media, that’s nice — however what challenges does your presentation assist the viewers overcome? Asking that query would possibly lead you to one thing like, “I assist companies be extra relatable to millennials on social media.”
Pondering of your subject from the “drawback” perspective won’t solely make it sound rather more interesting to choice makers, it’ll additionally assist you make the presentation extra compelling!
For instance, “Motivated leaders who wish to go away an affect” isn’t a selected sufficient audience (except you’re Oprah Winfrey or Gary Vaynerchuk).
When you attempt to communicate to everybody, you’ll find yourself chatting with nobody.
Profitable audio system have a well-defined viewers in thoughts, which not solely strengthens their content material—it additionally makes discovering paid talking alternatives a lot simpler.
To construct on the earlier instance, “I assist actual property companies be extra relatable to millennial shoppers on social media,” goes to make discovering and attracting paid alternatives a lot simpler than focusing on ALL sorts of companies.
In fact, it’s doable to get too particular.
I wish to name it nicheing your self into nonexistence—developing with an issue that both not sufficient folks have, or that’s not truly an issue within the first place.
For instance, “I assist realtors who promote tiny homes and yurts be extra relatable to millennial shoppers on social media,” miiiiiight not have a sufficiently big market to assist a talking profession fairly but.
One of the vital irritating issues you possibly can take care of as a speaker is figuring out you resolve a beneficial drawback, however NOT figuring out methods to describe it in a method that clicks with occasion organizers and choice makers.
Let’s return to our earlier instance: “I assist actual property companies be extra relatable to millennial shoppers on social media.”
You KNOW that producing higher social media outcomes can resolve beneficial issues for actual property companies…however what if each time you point out social media to a possible consumer they are saying, “We don’t rent audio system to speak about that”?
For instance the answer for you, let me present you an instance from my very own profession…
What This Step Appears to be like Like in Motion:
Early in my talking profession, I wished to talk to highschool audiences about private finance. On paper, it made a lot sense:
I used to be obsessed with private finance as a result of my spouse and I had simply gotten out of debt.
Highschool college students be taught virtually nothing about private finance at school.
Everybody understands why it could be helpful for highschool college students to find out about private finance.
However there was one massive drawback: each college I talked to had zero curiosity in reserving private finance audio system. It simply wasn’t one thing they had been used to hiring audio system to speak about.
However once I requested what they did rent audio system to speak about, I persistently heard the identical response:
“Nicely, we often search for audio system who might help college students transition to school or life past school.”
Ding ding ding! That was precisely what my private finance speak would assist college students do. I simply wasn’t talking the identical language once I described it to directors.
All I wanted to do was align the issue I wished to unravel with the issue faculties wanted to unravel. I created a chat constructed round serving to highschool college students transition to school that featured private finance as a significant chunk of the presentation.
After that, getting booked was by no means an issue.
Discover the people who find themselves
desperately trying to find solutions
to that drawback.
When you’ve pinpointed the issue you possibly can resolve, the following problem turns into discovering the people who find themselves on the lookout for options to that drawback.
Sadly, that is the place most individuals make one other massive mistake. As a result of there are two varieties of individuals you possibly can go on the lookout for at this level:
- People who find themselves searching for any kind of resolution to the issue you resolve.
- People who find themselves on the lookout for audio system they’ll pay to be the answer to the issue you resolve.
This sounds apparent, nevertheless it’s a critically necessary distinction to make…
It’s a lot simpler to get booked and paid to talk by a corporation or occasion that already hires audio system than it’s by one which doesn’t.
Getting distracted by Group #1 is how you find yourself spending per week exchanging emails with a scholar group at your native school solely to find they don’t even have a finances for paying audio system.
However whenever you begin specializing in discovering Group #2, you’ll shortly be taught 2 issues:
- When you’ve pinpointed the correct drawback, paid talking alternatives are NOT troublesome to search out.
- Your competitors for these paid talking alternatives is usually not practically as intimidating as you suppose.
What This Step Appears to be like Like in Motion:
When BPS scholar Harjot Singh began on the lookout for occasions within the healthcare area, he was intimidated for causes you’re doubtless aware of:
What if he couldn’t discover the correct occasions?
What if nobody paid to ebook audio system like him?
What if he was miles behind the competitors?
However look what occurred when he adopted the step-by-step methods for uncovering talking leads we educate in BPS:
He realized that “occasions weren’t laborious to search out.”
He now looks like he “can pitch to the very best occasion planners.”
Whenever you put within the work to pinpoint the correct drawback to unravel, discovering the individuals who can pay so that you can resolve that drawback comes down to easily figuring out the place to look—which is strictly what we present you methods to do inside Booked & Paid to Converse.
Current your self as the right resolution to that drawback (even in case you’re not generally known as the go-to “professional” in your subject but)
Convincing the correct folks that you just’re the correct particular person for the job isn’t about being salesy.
You don’t have to rework your self right into a used automobile salesman and go into “closing” mode. You don’t have to roll out a laundry checklist of accomplishments and business accolades.
When you’ve accomplished Steps 1 and a pair of correctly, you solely want two issues to persuade choice makers you’re the correct particular person for the job:
A fundamental demo video.
Not a bestselling ebook. Not a YouTube channel with hundreds of subscribers. Not a made-for-TV film that was impressed by your life story.
When you have a fundamental web site and demo video (and I can present you precisely methods to put these collectively, even when you’ve got no tech expertise and no footage of your self talking) reserving paid talking gigs comes down to easily constructing relationships.
Which suggests you possibly can lastly concentrate on simply being your self as an alternative of worrying about having to “promote” your self.
What This Step Appears to be like Like in Motion:
When Andrew Dawson began sending chilly emails to choice makers after enrolling in BPS, he didn’t have a bunch of fancy advertising and marketing supplies. All he had was a hyperlink to his web site that he included in his e-mail signature. Right here’s what occurred, in his personal phrases:
The Plan You Must Keep Targeted and Generate Outcomes:
There are few issues that hit you with extra “What am I alleged to do now?” moments than rising your talking profession.
That’s why BPS maps out each step you’ll want to take, from fine-tuning your subject and making a magnetic presentation to figuring out worthwhile talking alternatives and sending the right outreach emails to choice makers.
You’ll get a complete library of actionable video classes that stroll you thru each important milestone on the trail to filling your calendar with paid gigs.
You’ll additionally get the hidden advantages that comes with having this type of plan:
The main focus you’ll want to tune out distractions and the arrogance that comes from figuring out you’re taking the correct steps as an alternative of simply guessing your method by confusion.
The Suggestions You Must Make the Proper Changes:
You’ll not solely have the ability to join with fellow BPS college students for suggestions and accountability in our non-public BPS Insiders Fb Group—you’ll even have direct e-mail entry to our staff of coaches so you may get the type of 1:1 steering and mentorship that may shave years off your studying curve.
All of our coaches at The Speaker Lab are actively getting paid to talk proper now, so that you received’t be getting steering from anybody on the sidelines. You’ll be getting it from skilled audio system who know what’s working as a result of they’ve accomplished it.
The Sources That Save You from Reinventing the Wheel:
You shouldn’t should burn beneficial time attempting to determine methods to construct the right speaker web site, piece collectively a standout demo video, or draw up a bulletproof contract.
After serving to hundreds of scholars create all of these assets, we’ve discovered what works and what doesn’t.
That’s why BPS comes with a vault of plug-and-play templates, outlines, and examples you should use to shortly create top-quality assets that present choice makers you’re not an newbie.
Whenever you enroll in BPS, you’ll get instantaneous lifetime entry to all 5 video modules which are every devoted to a selected step of what we name the Speaker Success Roadmap:
Choose a Drawback to Resolve
Whether or not you’re simply getting began or have been talking for years, zeroing in on the correct drawback to unravel for the correct viewers and business will make a dramatic distinction in how a lot (and the way often) you’re paid to talk.
The teachings and assets on this module will stop you from spending years preventing an not possible battle attempting to get booked for matters that don’t have an present (or paying) market.
By the tip, you’ll know…
- nail the stability between what you wish to talk about and what shoppers are keen to pay for
- use the “Talking Trade Matrix” to find out which industries you’re greatest positioned to pursue proper now (and going ahead)
- The largest errors audio system make when choosing their subject / drawback to unravel
- three actionable methods for uncovering matters that occasions are dying to rent audio system for
- craft a subject / drawback (or tweak an present one) so it that passes all three checks of “The Matter Trifecta”
Put together Your
It’s apparent that delivering an excellent speak can go a great distance in getting you extra paid alternatives. However how do you truly create one?
What particular actions can you are taking to fine-tune an present presentation that’s “fairly good” and rework it into one thing unforgettable?
The teachings on this module are devoted to displaying you methods to create keynotes, workshops, and seminars that can captivate your viewers and encourage occasion organizers to present you referrals and repeat bookings.
By the tip, you’ll know…
- The variations between keynotes vs. workshops vs. seminars (together with why some pay greater than others and which sorts of content material it’s best to put together for every to maximise your alternatives)
- promote from stage with out annoying your
consumer or viewers
- create a “menu” of displays that can open up your core subject to a better variety of audiences and occasions (with particular examples)
- write easy, one-paragraph descriptions of your displays that can immediately seize the eye of choice makers and occasion organizers
- craft a subject / drawback (or tweak an present one) so it that passes all three checks of “The Matter Trifecta”All of the nitty gritty particulars on what makes an incredible speak vs. a mediocre one (together with construction, when it’s best to and shouldn’t use slides, methods to customise 5-10% of your speak to make it match completely different settings, and extra)
Set up Your self
because the Skilled
I’ve already talked about greater than as soon as that you just do NOT should be the world’s main professional in your subject as a way to receives a commission to talk.
You do, nonetheless, have to display some stage of experience . And so long as you already know sufficient about your subject to ship displays that interact your viewers, belief me—you’ve gotten greater than sufficient experience.
However none of that can matter in case you don’t know methods to correctly talk your experience to choice makers. And the 2 largest items you want as a way to do which are a rock-solid web site and a compelling demo video. The teachings on this module present you precisely methods to create each (or enhance your present ones).
By the tip, you’ll know…
- create a speaker web site that can wow your prospects (even when you’ve got no tech expertise and little to no finances)
- The 6 components your web site MUST have in order for you shoppers to take you significantly (and methods to shortly create every of them)
- What prospects DO and DON’T wish to see in your demo video
- shoot and edit a killer demo video even when you’ve got no footage of your self talking, no fancy gear, and no video expertise
- All of the instruments and assets you should use to get professional-quality advertising and marketing and branding materials at a fraction of the standard value (and typically even free)
When you’re like most audio system, that is the half that feels the murkiest to you—discovering the very best paid alternatives and taking concrete steps to truly ebook them.
Even seasoned audio system who really feel 100% assured and cozy on stage typically really feel at a loss in the case of reaching out and successful over choice makers. You don’t wish to say the flawed factor. You don’t wish to come off overly salesy. And to prime it off, you don’t even know the place to look.
That’s why we made this essentially the most in-depth module in the whole course. As a result of so typically the one purpose audio system don’t really feel assured of their means to land extra paid gigs is as a result of they merely lack the correct data.
By the tip, you’ll know…
- flip Google right into a lead technology machine for splendid talking gigs
- generate high quality referrals from different audio system in your business/area of interest
- get a spot in a speaker showcase and maximize the variety of alternatives it generates
- three straightforward methods to generate new referrals each time you communicate
- e-mail potential talking shoppers with out sounding awkward or pushy (I stroll you thru REAL examples from precise emails which you can customise to your personal outreach)
- Whenever you SHOULD and SHOULDN’T communicate without cost (and methods to leverage your free talking gigs into paid ones)
- Every part you’ve all the time wished to find out about talking charges (together with what it’s best to cost, what you possibly can anticipate to make in case you’re newer to talking, and the incomes potential of every main business)
- create a charge construction with completely different choices/packages (and why it’s best to all the time do that as an alternative of simply quoting one charge)
- Precisely what your talking contract ought to appear like (and why it’s best to all the time name it an “settlement” as an alternative of a “contract”)
- The one follow-up e-mail it’s best to all the time ship after quoting your charge to a prospect (this alone will improve your shut fee)
- How and when to barter your charge
Every part it’s best to (and shouldn’t) say throughout consumer telephone calls if you wish to begin listening to “sure” extra typically
Module 5. Know When to Scale
Studying methods to persistently booked paid gigs is one factor…however how do you construct a wholesome, thriving enterprise round your self as a speaker as soon as momentum begins to develop?
Whether or not you wish to communicate full time or on the aspect, understanding methods to scale as your success will increase will assist you construct a sustainable income engine with out getting overwhelmed or burned out. From enterprise fashions to taxes and money movement, Module 5 walks you thru all the small print that make the distinction between hobbyists audio system.
By the tip, you’ll know…
- generate extra income from talking alternatives by promoting companies, merchandise, or promotional alternatives to your shoppers
- Finance 101 for a 6-Determine Talking Enterprise: You’ll get an inside have a look at methods to handle your money movement, keep away from pricey tax errors, and correctly construction your online business
- The danger-free formulation for transitioning to full-time talking (so you already know when and methods to make the transition with out jeopardizing your funds)
- obtain Highway Warrior Standing (AKA my actual system for having the simplest and least traumatic journey expertise doable—you’ll be taught every little thing from what to keep away from when reserving journey to methods to maximize rewards factors and extra)
- The reality about Speaker Bureaus—what they’re, what they aren’t, and methods to decide in the event that they’re a great match for you
LIFETIME Entry to the BPS Insiders Personal
Fb Neighborhood + LIVE Month-to-month Q&A Calls
And if getting my direct suggestions from our staff of coaches at The Speaker Lab isn’t sufficient, you’ll even have entry to over 1,300 fellow audio system (together with me) contained in the premium BPS Insiders neighborhood on Fb!
In contrast to so many different “premium” Fb teams, you’ll not discover any circumstances of “the blind main the blind” right here. Not solely is the whole Speaker Lab staff lively locally, however so are all of our most profitable college students, who know firsthand methods to use the BPS system to develop your talking enterprise.
However as an alternative of simply speaking about it, let me take you behind the scenes and really present you what the interplay appears like contained in the group.
Take a look at this instance from BPS scholar Lea Pica. She got here to the group with a query about her talking enterprise:
Did you discover the extent of confidence this type of particular person suggestions evokes?
Whenever you KNOW you’re not guessing, taking motion turns into 100x simpler. And pay attention, when you is probably not able to ask superior questions on upcharging for worldwide journey like Lea, that doesn’t imply you received’t discover assist! On a weekly foundation, BPS college students get assistance on all kinds of matters like:
- Speaker web site suggestions
- Demo video suggestions
- How a lot to cost for a talking engagement
- How to answer an e-mail from an occasion planner
- negotiate for a bigger charge
- Whether or not a possible talking subject sounds compelling or not
- The most effective methods to leverage a free talking alternative
- And Extra…
You’ll additionally have the ability to attend our LIVE Month-to-month Q&A Calls, which provide the likelihood to get your questions answered in real-time by our staff of coaches and talking consultants. And in case you can’t attend reside, no worries—you’ll have entry to our full archive of recordings so you possibly can atone for all of the actionable methods and recommendation that get lined on the calls.
No matter problem you encounter, you’ll have a complete neighborhood of seasoned audio system there to speak you thru it.
Whenever you enroll in
Booked & Paid to Converse,
you get instantaneous entry to…
- Your complete Booked & Paid to Converse Coaching System
- 12 Months of E-mail Consulting with The Speaker Lab Group
- LIFETIME Entry to the Personal BPS Insiders Fb Neighborhood + LIVE Month-to-month Q&A Calls
- The BPS Vault — E-mail scripts, speaker contracts, and all our inner checklists/paperwork
- 12 Superior Coaching Classes w/ In-Demand Audio system
- 12 BPS Implementation Case Research
See how Erick Rheam used BPS to generate cash in talking years throughout his first yr and in his second (all whereas working a full-time job):
Grant Baldwin – Get Inside Booked & Paid to Converse Incorporates: Movies, PDF’s